Our full company name is Humanloop Limited. We are a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 12495436 and registered address at Salisbury House, Station Road, Cambridge, United Kingdom, CB1 2LA.
If you would like to contact us with a question about how we use your data, the quickest way to do this is by contacting our Data Protection Officer, Peter Hayes, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This notice also explains how California residents can exercise their rights under the CCPA to request that we: (1) provide certain personal information that we have collected about them during the past 12 months, along with related information described below, or (2) delete certain personal information that we have collected from them.
Why do we collect data?
- To facilitate the account creation and logon process we collect your name and email address. We collect this in order to take steps to enter into a contract with you and allow us to provide our services, including to fulfil your orders and requests, and to facilitate payments. This includes monitoring payments and purchases for fraud.
- When you contact us either by phone, email, via our 'contact us' page or via social media, we will usually collect your name, social media handle and contact details, because it’s in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
- We use essential cookies to facilitate the operation of our website and may use the information collected from these cookies to enforce our terms and conditions and policies, protect our rights and interests, or those of all our other users or third parties, including to detect any malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity and detect and fix errors and security incidents.
- When you sign up to receive our news, offers, events or other initiatives regarding our service or other services that may be of interest to you, we will collect your name and email address to provide you with our updates in line with any preferences you have told us about. You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time by responding to any email you receive from us to tell us you wish to unsubscribe or by emailing email@example.com.
- If you are a business recipient we may send you our updates because we believe that you will be interested in our services and it is in our legitimate interests to promote our business to interested parties.
- If you are a consumer we may send you our updates either when (i) you are an existing customer as it is in our legitimate interests to promote our other offerings you may be interested in; or (ii) if you are not an existing customer, when you have opted in to receive our updates, in this case we rely on your consent to contact you.
- If our business is sold we may process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
Where is your data stored and how long do we keep it?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it. We consider the nature, sensitivity and purpose we collected your data for when deciding when it’s time to delete it. We will in some cases keep your data for longer periods of time than necessary for the original purpose we collected it for if we need to do this to meet our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements.
We also carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and because this information is anonymised, we can use it indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to improve our business, and we also sell it to other businesses to help keep our service as low priced as possible.
What are my rights?
- Access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”)
- Correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you
- Ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you
- Ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data
- Ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party
- Object to how we are using your personal data
- Withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data
- You have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for using your personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information that we hold about you
In case of sale of personal data, we will make sure that you receive two separate lists where we disclose:
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
The disclosure described above will be limited to the personal information collected or used over the past 12 months.
If we deliver our answer electronically, the information enclosed will be "portable", i.e. delivered in an easy usable format in order to enable you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance, provided that this is technically feasible.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information, subject to the following exceptions:
- If we need your personal information to complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, or otherwise perform our agreement with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of https://humanloop.com.
- Exercise free speech or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with any legal obligation that lies with us.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Make any other internal and lawful uses of your personal information in such a fashion that is compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If none of the exceptions above applies, as a result of the exercise of your right, we will delete your personal information and direct any of our service providers to do so.
To exercise the rights described above, you need to submit your verifiable request to us by: writing us an email at the contact details provided in this document, or, if it is the case, follow the specific instructions provided on https://humanloop.com
For us to respond to your request, it’s necessary that we know who you are.
Therefore, you can only exercise the above rights by making a verifiable request which must: provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We will not respond to any request if we are not able to verify your identity and confirm the personal information in our possession actually relates to you.
If you cannot personally submit a verifiable request, you can authorize a person registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf. If you are an adult, you can make a verifiable request on behalf of a minor under your parental authority.
For CCPA requests, you can submit a maximum number of 2 requests over a period of 12 months.
Sale of Personal Information
We have not sold personal information that is subject to the CCPA’s sale limitations. The CCPA defines a “sale” as the disclosure of personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Who do we share your data with?
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of the contract we enter into with them or you.
- Delivery providers and logistics companies for the performance of the contract we enter into with you to deliver the products you order.
- Promotional events and marketing organizations, we do not sell data for marketing purposes, but may share your data with an event organiser or collaboration brand including where we run workshops with co-presenters and offer a promotion alongside a partner brand. We will always tell you before (usually on the event registration form) and you will be given the chance to opt-out before we do this.
- Prospective buyers of our business or if our business is sold, we will transfer the personal information we hold about you to the buyer of our business. We do this because we have a legitimate interest to ensure that our business can be continued by the buyer.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or in your device's storage.
We use essential cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you use our website. We are permitted to place these cookies without your prior consent, but you can block all cookies, including essential cookies by changing your browser settings. Please note if you block all cookies, you might not be able to see or access all parts of our website.
The other types of cookies we use are non-essential cookies. We use these to help us making improvements to our products and services.
We have listed all non-essential cookies we might use and that we might allow our partners to use in the table below.
We only use (and store) non-essential cookies if you provide your consent.
|Google Analytics||This helps us understand how you use the Website and helps us to improve your experience. These cookies may track how long you spend on the website and the pages you visit.||The retention period is between 1 minute and 24 months depending on the type of cookie used.||https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/|
|Cloudflare||This helps us to improve the security and performance of our web applications.||The retention period will be between 1 minute and 12 months depending on the type of cookie used.||https://cloudflare.com/en-gb/privacypolicy/|
|Cohere||This helps us to respond to customer requests more and comprehensively. These cookies may track how a user interacts with Humanloop’s homepage and applications.||The retention period will be between 1 minute and 12 months depending on the type of cookie used.||https://cohere.io/privacy|
|Segment||This helps us to enable a better user experience. These cookies may track how a user interacts with Humanloop’s homepage and applications.||The retention period will be between 1 minute and 12 months depending on the type of cookie used.||https://segment.com/product/privacy-portal/|
Questions, Comments or More details
We’ve worked hard to create a notice that’s easy to read and clear. But if you feel that we have overlooked an important perspective or used language which you think we could improve, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback and suggestions on this notice are welcome.
Last updated: 12 May 2023